Technology has indeed brought about a big time transition between photography as we knew it over two decades ago and the one we know today. The advent of the Smartphone and their powerful resolutions almost makes the need for the film cameras almost none existent. However, one very important thing to note is that when it comes to film photography, there is still a high level of relevance and application for it owing to the fact that certain platforms will never accept any photograph except it is taken by film. Having said all that, digital photography and the traditional type still very much work hand in hand. If you ask the best wedding photographer Billericay, you are bound to find out from him that each generation of photography still very much has its own application in the scheme of things.
Another way to look at it is that quite a number of the skills that were gotten twenty years ago are still very much relevant in the modern set up. There a couple of people who find it easier to take photographs using digital cameras, while you will also find people who are more comfortable using the traditional type of photography. Therefore, before you even consider discarding of that camera you got from your dad over twenty years ago, I’ll advise that you go through the differences between them both below.
What makes modern day wedding photography different?
- You can easily get prints done on a cheap home printer with paper
- It gives you the freedom to be creative, this is so because nearly all the modern day devices gives you the opportunity to edit your images
- Digital photography is also not as expensive as what you have in film photography thus making it more attractive option
- It is certainly more convenient and less cumbersome
- You also have the advantage of a better colour for your works when compared to what we had years ago.
- They are better suited for the social media.
If you want to become the best wedding photographer, you may want to consider this as an option.
What was obtainable twenty years ago?
- Making use of the film type gives you the opportunity have images printed with black and white in better quality
- More often than not, they have better resolution than what the digital cameras of today have to offer
- It is basically a form of art
- The use of negatives from back in the days prevents the risk of manipulation of images.
Having said this, it is important to note that the realities and demands of the two different times make each style of photography relevant in its own way without prejudice to the other. A look back twenty years ago will reveal to you that even the best wedding photographer Billericay may be quite scared to experiment with Boudoir photography, however, this day it is not uncommon to find wedding photographers heavily involved in this type of photography, in other words, photographers are more open minded these days.